A conscious journey
This Swiss delight was established 75 years ago, focusing on quality, sustainability and contemporary design since the very beginning. CALIDA offers daywear, sleepwear and loungewear with transparency as a huge part of CALIDA’s brand value.
The basic styles in our wardrobe should be something we truly invest in, quality is key as well as supporting brands focusing on long-lasting items with a circular production. CALIDA is such a brand, they incorporate all elements in their collections which makes it easier for consumers to find wearable creations for an everyday basis, created with aesthetics as key whilst never compromising on social or environmental values.
«At CALIDA, we want to contribute towards raising awareness of high-quality and sustainable products. We ultimately also have a responsibility towards future generations.» Alexandra Helbling, Managing Director CALIDA AG
Sustainability x CALIDA
CALIDA has always believed in the importance of transparency. In 2016, the brand became the world’s first underwear company to introduce the MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX® label. CALIDA works hard to maintain its role as a pioneer in sustainability, adding numerous new men’s and women’s styles to its MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX® range every season. The children’s range has been fully certified since autumn 2016.
In addition to the MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX® label, CALIDA has created a true innovation in the field of sustainability: the first fully compostable series with fabric made from 100% cellulose, produced in a closed-loop process using products sourced from sustainable forestry which particularly help to conserve resources. The range is certified by the independent label Cradle to Cradle® (C2C).
The following areas are essential at CALIDA:
- CALIDA backs up its principles by using the MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX® label.
- With the entirely compostable series of I LOVE NATURE shirts in TENCEL® MICRO, CALIDA is continuing to promote sustainability.
- CALIDA places great importance on product quality and responsibility.
- The production platform in Hungary enables CALIDA to have maximum control of production and working conditions.
- All CALIDA products must meet the same high standards of quality, ecology and ethics.
- The careful use of environmental resources is a matter of course for CALIDA.
5 building blocks and standards
- STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® The Standard 100 by Oeko-Tex is a textile label that is acknowledged world-wide and has been tested by internationally recognized textile institutes. Over 300 test criteria guarantee that the textiles are not harmful to health and promote well-being. From yarns to fabrics, threads, elastics, embroidery and labels – all fabrics that go into making a CALIDA product are tested to meet the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TE®
- Business Social Compliance Initiative As participants in amfori BSCI (Business Social Compliance Initiative), CALIDA commit themselves and their business partners to compliance with the amfori BSCI Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct outlines 11 key employment rights and you are able to read them here.
- STeP by OEKO-TE In 2015, CALIDA decided to advance the efforts made by the different sub-sectors by introducing STeP by OEKO-TEX® (STeP = Sustainable Textile Production). STeP is the new OEKO-TEX® certification system for sustainable textile production. It analyses and evaluates existing production conditions in terms of their use of environmentally friendly technologies and products, working conditions, and the environmental impact of their production facilities.
- MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX® The Made in Green product label is not only issued based on compliance with strict social responsibility and ecological criteria; it also certifies that the textiles carrying the label have been tested for harmful substances.
- Made exclusively with materials tested according to the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® in terms of harmful substances.
- Made in environmentally-friendly facilities.
- Made in safe and socially responsible workplaces.
- Cradle to Cradle Certified™ The independent label Cradle to Cradle Certified™is a design concept with nature as its inspiration. Its name represents the potentially infinite cycle of products. The quality certification of the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute, a nonprofit organization, guarantees that certified products are recyclable. Their raw materials can be used time and again in an ongoing biological cycle. Unlike in conventional recycling, the production techniques, usage and recycling of these products are designed so that the quality of the raw materials remains intact over multiple life cycles. At the end of one life cycle, the shirts are broken down into valuable organic nutrients. The waste material from an old product therefore becomes ‚food‘ for a new product.
CALIDA ensure every part of your daywear wardrobe is covered, and with style too. And this goes for women, men and children’s clothing. You’ll find both loungewear, sportswear and underwear, that are all wearable and most of all comfortable. It’s also truly satisfying knowing that a piece of clothing is created with the best intention for the environment and the next generations to come.